ORGANISATION IS PARAMOUNT!
- label and store original documents in acid-free sleeves
- record where you found information including date, details and source
- decide what you are going to research
- which family
- how much detail
- start with yourself and work backwards
- database of names and dates
- family tree
- photo album
- your immediate family
- wider family members
- copy to the State Library
- make your tree 'private' until you know your way around the program
- back-up or copy all documents and files
Topic of next meeting - Tuesday 16th September
The group is planning to look at different software options - online and free.
Come and join this lively discussion - 2pm at Sam Merrifield Library.